Eastern & Southern Africa
I. Physical Geography p.478-484
- Plains and Plateaus
- Great Rift Valley
- Great Escarpment
- Large Mountains – Kilimanjaro, Kenya
- Large Lakes – Victoria
- Long Rivers – Nile
- Natural and mineral resources
II. African History p.490-498
- 1st European settlers 1400-1700’s
- Europe divides Africa 1800’s
- African Independence – political, apartheid
- Difficulties – artifical borders, cultural-religious clashes, resources
For Geography we will have another project (this will help those of you who failed to do the last one and wish your grades were better!) The project is Christmas themed. Basically you will choose a European country and create a poster and display booth to highlight Christmas traditions from your chosen country.
It will be graded according to:
a) Accurately and well presented information.
b) Creative (dress up, bring food, colourful design)
Have fun with this project. Due: last lesson before the Big Test.
Ted Talk by David Steindal-Rast