What was daily life in Rome like?
What was life like in ancient Egypt? How was society organised? How were families? What were their beliefs about the afterlife?
Rome becomes an Empire…but how did it happen? At what costs? What was accomplished?
5C & 6ABC Required Reading Project
DUE: JAN 12th
Design a creative project presentation to show off what you know and liked about your required reading.
Ex: Large format poster, art presentation, display, book…
Q: What is expected?
- Colorful & creative
- Handmade (not made on a computer)
- Clear presentation of book content
- Visually display something about the story in a creative way
Content: All content MUST be on/included in your project…
- Title of book and titles above the following sections…
- A paragraph summarizing the story.
- A paragraph telling us what you or others could learn from the story.
- Tell us about the main characters.
- Tell us the key details about the author: name, birth/death, brief biography (if possible), what genre/other stories the author has written.
- A paragraph telling what you liked about the book/story.
Presentation: Be able to present your work…
- Simply be familiar with and able to talk about your book and project without reading from a text.
DUE: JAN 12th
Rome would rapidly grow in influence and control over the Western Mediterranean. What were the factors that sparked its growth? What were the costs? What were the gains? What problems began as a result?
Presentation: Ancient Rome 6 – Republic Expands p244
For a brief overview of the Punic Wars:
For those of you who like to watch videos and know all the facts…
Take home QUIZ:
Roman Quiz #4 Roman Government
- What form of government did Rome have?
- Give a definition of Rome’s government:
- What were the three branches of the Roman government? What was their job?
- What was the Twelve Tables?
- Who were Patricians? Plebeians?